The United States Men’s Basketball Team is going to win the gold medal at the Rio Olympics this year. I would put my life savings on it and you should too. After their 119-62 opening game victory. It’s nice to see US basketball back to this dominance after not even making the finals and settling for bronze in Athens in 2004.
Here are some things more likely to happen than this year’s team not winning gold:
- Jay and me winning a gold medal. In anything. If I had to choose though, I’d choose track. So if the basketball team doesn’t win gold, it must also mean that Jay and I won gold in the 4 x 100 meter relay with just the two of us.
- Boogie Cousins and George Karl having a nice sunday dinner together. It would end with a long awkward bro hug and promises to make it a sunday tradition.
- Frank Ocean releasing his new album. We’re never getting this album, are we?
- The US women’s team not winning gold. Bet your life savings on this one too.
- Me rooting for the Clippers.